Frequently Asked Questions About VPN
1-What is NicVPN?
VPN stands for “Virtual Private Network”. A VPN connection creates an encrypted tunnel between your device and our VPN servers. When a NicVPN connection is made, network providers are prevented from blocking content, based on geographic location. In addition all of your Internet traffic is forwarded from your device to the NicVPN servers using an encrypted channel. As a result, your Internet traffic is secure and your online data protected from hackers .
2-How do I install NicVPN?
Watch our step by step video tutorial which will set you up and running immediately. Watch it here now: Windows tutorial or Mac tutorial.
3-Which VPN protocols does NicVPN support?
NicVPN supports state of the art VPN protocols such as: OpenVPN, L2TP, SSTP ,Softether protocols ,PPTP VPN and our own proprietary protocols.
4-Will using NicVPN slow down my internet connection?
No. You won’t notice any sluggishness. In case you have any issues or you need assistance in any way please contact us.
5-How much bandwidth/transfer can I use every month?
There are no bandwidth limits with NicVPN.
6-Will your VPN work on my mobile device and tablet?
Yes, our service will work with any device that has support for OpenVPN, PPTP or L2TP protocols. This includes. iPhones, iPads, Blackberry and Android devices.
7-Does NicVPN store logs of my VPN activity?
8-Does NicVPN store my credit card data?
No, we do not store any credit card data whatsoever. All payments are done via leading merchant gateways such as PayPal and none of this information is accessible by NicVPN.
9-Do you offer money back guarantees?
We offer a 7-days money back guarantee if you can’t use our services meaning you can’t connect to any of our VPN servers.
10-Why have i been refunded?
If you have ordered via Paypal you may have been refunded because we cannot ship orders to unverified paypal accounts, please verify your account and reorder. Unless you have a verified paypal account, we are not protected by paypal’s seller protection policy.If you have been refunded for with no reason , please contact us.
Issues & Solutions
I can’t connect to the servers
Top three reasons why your VPN can’t connect:
– Software Firewall – Have you checked your firewall software? The easiest way to test if it’s conflicting with your VPN connection is to disable it and try the connection again. If this allows you to connect to the VPN you’ll need to setup an exception in order to use the VPN while it’s running. This will vary depending on your firewall software, but you could set an exception for all traffic to the VPN server address
– Router – It’s possible your router isn’t configured for L2TP/PPTP VPN Passthrough. To test this, try connecting to the Internet without the router and see if it works. In other words plug your computer directly into your modem device bypassing the router
– Try Different Computer – Do you have a second PC that you can try the account on? If so try it out. The VPN account will work on any PC, Mac or mobile anywhere
If these solutions don’t resolve your problem, please contact us and we will help you. We’re on call seven days a week
Why websites are still blocked?
– Make sure you are on the VPN – Go to www.whatismyipaddress.com and make sure you see the country you just connected to
– Clear your browser cache – Make sure you have cleared the cache on your browser. Previous attempts will still be read on your browser and cause the same error page to come up. If you are unsure how to clear your cache on your browser, Google it by typing “How to clear browser cache on Firefox (or Internet Explorer)
– Clear your browser proxy settings – If you have previously configured a proxy for your browser, clear it
– Flush your DNS cache – Your computer may be using saved DNS entries from your ISP, and in some countries these entries may be intentionally wrong, as an additional method of blocking sites. You need to flush your DNS cache, after which your computer will automatically access NicVPN’s DNS for the correct entries
– Security software – Check and see if your security software blocked the sites which can be a problem
If the above solutions don’t resolve your problem, please contact us and we will help you. We’re staffed 7 days per week.
Where can I find your software?
All of our free VPN software, including automatic and manual setup is available for download at VPN Setup. Our VPN software is complete with visual guides and step-by-step instructions.