Acceptable Use Policy
In order to provide a professional service, we have set up a few guidelines for users of our service. Some of these guidelines may seem strict, but they ensure a safe, functional, and trusted environment for all our customers.
You may use our site and VPN Services only for lawful purposes. Including, but not limited to the following, you may not use our Site or our VPN Service to engage in the following activities:
- Send SPAM messages (both e-mail spam, bulk mail and web spam)
- Illegal or unauthorized access to other computers or networks (hacking activities)
- Scan ports or networks
- Distribute of Internet viruses, worms, trojans, malware, rootkits or other destructive activities
- Launch of DoS/DDoS attacks or attract DDoS attacks
- Participate in fraud and phishing
- Transmit any copyrighted, trademark, or patented content
- Transmit child pornography
- Promote or provide instructional information on terrorism or other illegal activities
- Transmit P2P content on other VPN Nodes than those where we allow such traffic
- Engage into any other illegal activities
We reserve the right to make changes to this list or define what we consider abuse.
Spam & Unsolicited Communication
Spam of any sort is strictly prohibited. Any client found to be sending spam or unsolicited communications will be immediately terminated with no refund.
Webspam and comment spam (i.e.: blackhat SEO tactics) are also prohibited.
In order to minimize SPAM abuse of our network, we block outgoing SMTP (TCP port 25) connections. We allow Submission connections (TCP port 587) and SSL SMTL (TCP port 465) which are widely used by most e-mail providers such as Gmail, Outlook, Apple Cloud and Yahoo!.
You may not use our VPN Sevices to compromise computers/networks, to access compromised computers/networks, to brute-force/guess passwords of others (i.e.: email accounts, social media profiles, blogs etc.) or to launch any kind of hacking/cracking attacks.
Port scans of computers/networks, intentional sending of computer viruses, backdoors, malware, and/or launching of DoS/DDoS attacks are prohibited.
Fraud, scam and phishing
Using our VPN Service to participation in fraudulent activities such as but not limited to eBay scams, Paypal accounts/credit card fraud or to engage in phishing activities is strictly prohibited.
We use many industry standard security measures to protect your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from loss, theft, misuse or unauthorized access or disclosure or destruction. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- All information you provide is stored on secure servers;
- We use MFA (multi-factor authentications) processes whenever appropriate;
- We use high levels of encryption, access controls, security keys, and passwords;
- All information is stored in electronic formats, securely in our databases and servers;
- All employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices; and
- Access to Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is restricted to those who need to know such information to perform their job functions. Despite our efforts, no data security methods guarantee 100% protection. We do not promise and cannot guarantee that your personal information can never be viewed and/or used by others.
It is strictly prohibited to use our VPN Service to transmit child pornography materials (i.e.: pictures, movies).
It is strictly prohibited to use our VPN Services to promote or provide instructional information related to terrorism and similar illegal activities (i.e.: “how to create bombs” guides, plan terrorist attacks, etc.)
Use P2P transfers (i.e. Bit Torrent) on other VPN Nodes except those where we allow it.
You may not use our VPN Service to transmit content via P2P protocols through other VPN Nodes except those where we allow such activities.
Users using our VPN Services for illegal activities, including but not limited to the ones listed above, will have their accounts immediately cancelled without refund of any fees.
We reserve the rights to change these terms and policies or to set new additional conditions by posting a new version.
We offer a 7-days money back guarantee if you can’t connect to our VPN servers using all of the VPN connections included in your package.
Important! We do not offer money back in following cases:
- The service is provided “as-is”. We cannot guaranty that our service unblocks certain sites. The fact that you are not able to access a site using NicVPN can not be a reason for a refund request. You are able to test our service before purchasing by using the 7-Day Free Trial VPN Account we offer.
- We do not refund for speed issues because we have a 7-Day Free Trial VPN Account on our premium servers in which you can test speed on any of our VPN servers.
- If NicVPN terminates an account due to policy violation, there will be no refund.
- PayPal subscription payments are non-refundable because you are responsible for your subscriptions on PayPal. Only Windows, MacOS and Linux users are eligible for refunds. If you try to use NicVPN on any other operating systems or devices (like iPhone/iPad/Android), make sure you test the service first.
- If your account is closed because you shared the account or service login credentials.
- If you are not able to setup NicVPN on your modem or router you are NOT eligible for a refund.
Latest policy update: June 6, 2015