What is Kerio VPN?
Kerio VPN Client is an application which enables connection from individual hosts (clients) to a remote private network via the Internet using an encrypted channel.These clients can accessthe private networks as if they were connected to them physically.
Connection of the Kerio VPN Client to the VPN server is established via Kerio Control.Kerio Control user accounts are used for authentication of clients.
Use of this VPN is easy and intuitive.Only name or IP address of the server to which the connection is directed, as well as a password and username are required. Other settings (routing configuration, DNS, etc.) will be performed automatically by application .
This service is suitable for some client that the popular vpn ports such as l2tp ,pptp,…have been blocked by their country’s government(China, Bahrain, Iran, Oman, Belarus, Burma, Cuba, Kuwait, North Korea, Qatar).
If you have administration rights to your computer, you can establish a persistent connection. Persistent connections are reestablished whenever you restart your machine.
- Windows 10 (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 (all editions except RT)
- Windows 8 (all editions except RT)
- Windows 7 (all editions)
- Windows XP (all editions)
- Windows Vista (all editions)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (all editions except Core)
- Windows Server 2012 (all editions except Core)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (all editions except Core)
- Windows Server 2008 (all editions except Core)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (all editions)
- Windows Server 2003 (all editions)
*Latest service pack and up to date security patches are required unless otherwise stated.
Installing on the Windows
Step 1: Download and install Kerio VPN Client. program starts automatically after installation and you can see the connection window.
Step 2: Fill out the Required fields
- In the Server field, type the NicVPN Kerio Server name Germany or USA.
- de1.vpns.me (Germany)
- us1.vpns.me (USA)
- In the Username and Password fields, type your Kerio username and password.
Username: nicvpn Password: nicvpn
This account is to test the quality of NicVPN.Get for permanent account, click here.
- (Optional) Select Save password to save your password in Kerio VPN Client.
- (Optional) You can select Persistent connection if you have administration rights to your computer.
- Persistent connections are reestablished whenever you restart your machine.
- Click Connect.
Changing a language
To change the language of the Kerio VPN Client interface:
- Right-click the Kerio VPN Client in the notification area of the Windows taskbar.
- In the context menu, click Settings.
- In the Settings dialog box, select your preferred language.
- Click OK.